I'd like to congratulate myself on this being my 80th post. It's been a long, difficult road, but we made it, Readers.
I couldn't have done it without you. Or I could have, but what fun would it be if no one read it, or if those that did didn't leave comments telling me I'm ugly, big-nosed and flat-chested? Honestly.
So in honor of my 80th post, let's learn 50 new things about me, shall we? Yes. Yes, we shall.
1. So far who did you talk to the most today? Alex, my co-worker extraordinaire.
2. What is the thing you are picked on most about? Good question. People don't pick on me much because I'm too sensitive and take it too personally.
3. What was your last weird encounter? My boss just brought in DQ Dilly Bars for everyone. Not so much weird as A-W-E-S-O-M-E.
4. Whats the weirdest story of one of your scars? As a wee one I grabbed the wrong end of a sparkler. It scarred the palm of my hand, just below my left pinky. Note to self: probably don't grab the flaming stick by the flame.
5. What color is your toothbrush? Uh, it's the color of "fabulous electric toothbrush," which means blue and white.
6. What is your middle name spelled backwards? ekoorB
7. Can you eat well with chopsticks? If by "well," you mean "no," then yes, yes I can.
8. What odd things creep you out? Deer, butterflies and the word "hood."
9. Have you ever felt an earthquake? Not many of those in Wisconsin, fortunately.
10. What do you do with the hot grease when you're done cooking bacon? Put it down the garbage disposal. And maybe that's bad, but shows what I know. One time I put it in a jar and it sat in the cupboard below the sink for months.
11. How many good friends do you have? Because I actually count...
12. Whats the weirdest thing you have ever eaten? Lake Sturgeon caviar. Not so much weird as repulsive.
13. What color are your socks today? Who's wearing socks when it's 75 degrees out? Not me.
14. What is your favorite word that starts with the letter G? Goomba. As in those little guys that run around and get stomped on during Super Mario Bros.
15. Who do you blame for your mood today? I'm in a fabulous mood today.
16. If Ricky Martin had a trademark what would it be? Uh, I'm speechless. A mole? No, that's Enrique. Crap, I don't know. Overly good hair?
17. What is something scientists need to invent? Teleportation devices.
18. What is the closest object to your left foot? Well, currently my left foot is resting on a wooden block underneath my desk. So, that.
19. Do you have an inside joke that has to do with numbers? Ha. Twenty-mile-long hair. And that'd be funny, if you were, say, Beth.
20. What is the longest amount of hours you have slept in a row? Maybe 13? I'm not sure.
21. What story do you tell most often? The one about that one time...
22. How do ugly people make you feel? Pretty, perhaps?
23. Where was your mother's hometown? Farm country, USA.
24. Where was your father's hometown? Up North.
25. What are the posters on your walls? An autographed poster of Gavin DeGraw and a painting the Sister painted me for my birthday.
26. Say two words that rhyme. Think pink.
27. Do you use online terms in real life? No. I hate the phrase "lol" so much it hurts my heart.
28. What do you think people think of you? Funny, crabby, quiet, etc.
29. Do you think this year will be better than the last? It already is.
30. Who is the first person on your incoming call list, and how do you feel about this person? The Boyfriend. I'd say I'm quite fond of him, thank you.
31. Do you know who Salad Fingers is? I hope not.
32. What is the stupidest thing you have ever done? Off the top of my head? Probably refinancing my almost-paid-off vehicle.
33. What is your favorite commercial of the moment? It's still the Nextel commercial with the three guys in the office, jamming with a boombox.
34. What does it take to make you cry? Looking at me sideways.
35. What are you looking forward to? Going to Myrtle Beach at the end of June with the Boyfriend.
35. Have you ever cried because you thought you were ugly? I'm a girl. Not that all girls cry because they think they're ugly, but I must have looked at myself sideways in the mirror that day.
36. Who did you kiss today? The cats.
37. What do you like to do when you are alone? Listen to music. Loudly.
38. Who are your two favorite characters on Full House? Uncle Jesse and Stephanie.
39. What is missing from your life? A career that pays me enough to live.
40. Would you be ashamed if you wore hippie clothes? No, but I'd be ashamed to be a hippie.
41. Grab the closest book. What does the 7th sentence on the 23rd page say? Well, it's a thesaurus, and the 7th word is "beyond."
42. When was the last time you slept with a stuffed animal? It's been a couple months. Unless you count Chicken and Harley as "stuffed."
43. If it was your last day on earth, what shoes would you wear? I'd be barefoot. Shoes suck.
44. Do you own a Super Nintendo? No, but the Sister gave me Nintendo 64. All I can play, though, is Tetris because everything else makes me motion sick.
45. What do you think of Law and Order? SVU is fabulous!! Mariska is my favorite lady.
46. Can you name all seven dwarfs? Sleepy, Dopey, Happy, Grumpy... uh, looks like no.
47. Have you ever pretended to be Jewish? Do people do that these days?
48. What was the last thing you thought you lost, but ended up finding it? Oh, this is a sore subject. Over a year ago I lost one of my favorite earrings. Over time, I gave up hope and threw it's lonely sibling away. And then last night I found the other. I'm kicking myself in the head right now.
49. What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping like a log.
50. If you had a ball of clay what would you mold it into? Another ball of clay.