Destined to be a horrible grandma.

I am so proud of myself, you guys. I made something. Edible. And it may or may not have taken entirely too much time and resources, but I did it!

Chocolate-covered pretzel rods. With SPRINKLES.

You can all stop laughing now. Because these little treasures may look simple to make, but dammit, no. They're not. What happens is I burn the chocolate, not melt it. And it stinks. And I start stressing and pulling out my hair because, WHAT THE HELL. WHY WON'T THIS CHOCOLATE MELT, oh my God?

It was dramatic. And when the double-boiling and the microwave and the stovetop all stopped working for me, I considered giving up.

My two bags of Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips were now burnt. And crumbled. And the smell had permeated my clothes and my hair, and I know this because when I went to Wal-Mart to buy new Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips, I could still smell the burnt chocolate. On me.

But we're having a dessert potluck at work today. And I refused to fail this one simple task.

So, four bags of chocolate chips, one pot, two microwave-safe bowls, one mixing bowl, one burnt finger, one bag of pretzel rods, two mixing spoons, one package of sprinkles and three ounces of sanity later, I had perfectly, wonderful, chocolate-covered, sprinkled pretzel rods.

Amen.