Just a random smattering of paragraphs.

So, turns out I packed up my computer before I got the chance to upload my photos from my trip. Shoot.

But at least you have something to look forward to now, I suppose.

Speaking of packing: my apartment is fully packed and ready to go. It's amazing how much crap a person can accumulate in just five months. Good thing there was a big dumpster outside. I'm loading up the car with belongings and the cats and heading out tonight, but I'll be back on Sunday with a UHaul and muscles to get the rest.

I can't actually move into my new apartment until next weekend (boo-urns), so I'll be shacking up with MOB in the meantime. SINFUL. I promised him Harley would shat in the privacy of her new, domed litterbox, and in turn he transformed his two-bedroom apartment into a hotel.

But I seriously don't think my nerves are going to settle down until I'm sitting in my new apartment with furniture to rearrange. I feel like life has been go-go-go since I left for D.C. The trip was incredible, but not the least bit relaxing. And as soon as I got home, I started packing up my apartment.

Must. Have. Down time.

Speaking of my trip: sigh. I feel like I need to talk about it some more. Blog pal Tim asked last night if I'd recommend the Marine Corps Marathon, and that answer, surprisingly, was no. I think the marathon would be a great first-time race for anyone. The scenery is awesome and the spectators are fantastic, but the race, itself, is just too crowded.

I loved that aspect in Chicago, which was my first marathon. The runners never thinned out, so you never felt alone. It kept me distracted, and really, it was fun to see all the different runners.

But this time it was just not as fun. I found myself frustrated most of the time, trying to weave in and out of other runners and walkers, dodging people, trying to squeeze in between small groups. I think I said it before, but if you were running a marathon on a mission, and really set on reaching a time goal, it'd just be too hard in a crowd so big.

At the same time, I'm glad I ran the race. It got me to D.C., which likely never would've happened without such an occasion, and it was a neat experience. I've never before run a race where FBI agents flanked in full gear, holding rifles, were standing amongst the spectators (seriously. Was the President running the race?)

I was also surprised to find that this time around - marathon No. 4 - I never really hit a wall. For the first time - and I hesitate to say it was easy - the marathon felt easier. That, at least, gives me hope for future marathons. And once I get settled into my apartment and into my job, I'll be back out on the road prepared for another winter of running.